Monday, January 12, 2009

What's new with the King?

Recently I've been seeing and hearing alot about Burger King. They have been promoting their whopper virgin commercials on TV, a quest to find "whopper virgins" aka someone who never tasted the whopper before. They ask the whopper virgin to do a taste test against their top competitor's burger and have them choose which burger taste the best. Many people are giving Burger King's whopper virgin commercial bad marks and controversy sprung up on the news about these commercials.

Last week BK appeared on digg.com two times:
1) A new application "Whopper Sacrifice" has been developed where you will get a free whopper if you delete 10 people from your friends lists. If you notice you're not on my friend's list, you know why now! *evil laugh*

2)I saw a funny video "Whopper Freakout GHETTO VRS. (UNCUT-R)":
**ADVISORY: THIS VIDEO CONTAINS EXPLICIT LANGUAGE AND IS INTENDED FOR MATURE AUDIENCES***


Then this past weekend, SNL did a skit about the whopper virgin commercials, it's soo funny!

The last time I had a Whopper was probably when I was still in Stony (more then 4 yrs ago!). It was one of the cheapest food at the food courts so a poor student like me often at there. By the end of my sophomore or junior year I was totally sick of it. I swear I would never eat at BK again but after seeing so much of the commercials, ads and videos about it we decide to get lunch at BK this past weekend. Damn these advertisement worked!


Actually our first date was in Roth's dining hall at Burger King. Memories. (8/00) <3
I gotta say it doesn't taste as good as it use to I guess because they use different oil
then=extremely fatty oil
now=no trans fat oil (Trans fat raises your "bad" (LDL) cholesterol and lowers our "good" (HDL) cholesterol). The whopper suppose to be "healthier" now but it still has alot of calories, scary.... I almost didn't want to order it because of it but hey...once in awhile is okay. I don't think I'll be eating there again for a very long time.
Are you feeling for a whopper now?? ahhah....

No comments: